Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014

I guess this is my last post of 2013. As you know if you read my blog, I write a wrap up every year. So here it goes...

On December 31, 2012, I told myself that this year was going to be MY year. Going into the new year with that in mind, I accomplished just that. Although this year wasn't as full of travels as I would have liked it to, so much happened that changed my life. I got engaged, bought a house with my fiancé, bought my first AUDI, did some travelling, met new friends, kept old ones, got to spend some time with my best friend and her baby, got to continue my education, got a great job working in my field at a college, I improved my writing which I am continuously working on, I got to continue writing my book, we did renovations to our home, got to go camping, went to amusement parks, got to spend all the "first holidays" in our beautiful home, and the list goes on. All those things are great but what I learnt this year is what is really important. I learnt the secret in being a positive human being. When you harness that energy, the universe is willing to offer you anything you want. Just knowing that puts comfort in my heart. I learnt to be more patient, kind, and understanding. I learnt that with a bit of TLC, anything can be beautiful. I learnt that I love opening my curtains in the morning and seeing he sun shine on the woods behind our home. I learnt that I do love being home more than I love going out. I learnt that I now love savouring my foods by letting the flavours seep in my tongue. I learnt that I love writing and I need to finish my book. Although the tangible things that have happened this year are great, the intangibles are what really makes me happy at the end of the day. Those little moments are really the ones that matter.

So for 2014, I will again repeat that it will be MY year. I will also start a jar in which I will write all the amazing things that will happen to me throughout the year. I want to make a name for myself, I want to continue my education, and I want to get my dream job. I want to work to my full potential on everything I do and I want to put my heart and soul into it. I want to travel to the Caribbean. Finally, I want to be passionate about scuba diving once again and make it to diving instructor (only 3 more levels).

To finish off I would like to thank my fiancé, my parents, my in-laws, my family, and my friends for all their support throughout this year. I want to thank all my idols and mentors for guiding me in the right direction, and finally I would like to thank my heart for always following my gut and doing the right thing. SALUTE! CHEERS! CHIN CHIN! To the most amazing year of my life once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment