Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oldest You've Ever Been

Lately I have really been thinking about life. How time goes by so quickly almost as if you blinked and you're in a new year. This year has proven to be my best year yet! Life has really blessed me with tangibles and intangibles. As my dog, parents, family, and friends are getting older and moving on with their lives, I can't help but feel as though I am ready to as well. It's always a give and take. Now, not only do I get to travel the world, but I get to do it with the love of my life.

Sometimes life doesn't always give you what you want. I can promise you that it will always give you what you need. For so long, I was so sure that love wasn't for me. I failed to see that one of my childhood friends could maybe be the one I always wanted. Now I wake up every morning with this sense of peace in my heart, knowing I belong in his. I always thought that to be in a relationship I'd have to give up a piece of myself, but I was wrong. Being in a good and healthy relationship is doing all the things you did before you got together, only doing it together. Sharing your strengths and weaknesses and learning new things all while enjoying new adventures.

Now it seems I have grown and I am at a new place in my life. When I started this blog I was 20 years old. Now I am 23 and I look back at my life and can't help but laugh at the way I changed. I know most of you under 19 are like:"well that's impossible to change that much in 3 years." But I assure you that it is. Anyone in their 20's can tell you how much of a confusing time in your life this is. It's a constant wave of change and uncertainty. Then there comes a time where you understand everything your parents once told you. They laugh because they knew that was going to happen. Embrace it all because it flashes before your eyes and then that moment is gone. Remember that today is the youngest you'll ever be and the oldest you've ever been. Sometimes not knowing what life has in store for you is a much better surprise.

I'd also like to congratulate my two best friends C and Karine on their newborn babies, Beau and Leah!

No comments:

Post a Comment