Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Truths and Lies

It's been a while since I last wrote. I must confess that I have been thinking long and hard about what to write next. Through writing my book which is my own personal memoir, I have come across some hard facts that I don't know my whole story in its entirety. Therefore, how can a story be properly told if you don't know everything that has happened? No matter who you question about your life, someone will always have a different version of what you know as the truth. There is this underlying sense vulnerability that lays in the hands of everyone who's touched your life in some way, shape, or form.

My version of events that took place and the way I felt about them are my own. In some way I guess, if I tell my side of the story, it's a bit biased. Sometimes through story telling, things get muddled and insignificant lies start to surface, non-intentionally of course. This creates an obscure area in which truths and lies cohabitate and establish the story as we know it.

Although I might have the best chance of telling my story how I believed it happened, I can't help but over-look the simple fact that I need all those other people to contribute to my work because they have all had an impact in my life. For without them, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment