Sunday, September 09, 2012

Educational Reflection...

I know it's been a while since I last wrote. Times have changed for me. I am back in school now, enjoying all education has to offer and eating the same thing day after day. I can't help but reflect on life as I sit here in Starbucks where most students find themselves after a long day at school. Meditation and being positive no matter what life brings to you has become a daily ritual for me. It's not always easy giving up an amazing life to better yourself educationally. I feel as though I am passing the best years of my life right now. I am trying to take it all in for what it's worth as the moments pass me by.

The thing about being a student is that the future holds a big question mark. It's like you're a clean slate ready to be engraved with all the information and memories that make up your life. The main question on every student's mind is "where will I find work in my field." Even if you find work in your field, the next question remains "where will I live, and in what town?" Even if you're studying this you don't feel completely sure about where you will end up and when. All of this is running through your mind as well as trying to make rent, paying books, paying parking, paying gas, paying your locker, buying food before you actually starve and go through COSTCO on weekdays and weekends to take advantage of the free samples.

I know that all of which is part of the life lessons to be learned. They aren't always easy but in the end all worth it. Some people work their whole entire lives for what they have. That's dedication and sacrifice. Those are two words that is near and dear to my heart. I learned the meaning of those words a long time ago. I can say without a shred of doubt that I am a much stronger person than I ever was because of it. The satisfaction you feel in the pit of your stomach when you complete something is so worth the hardships you may have endured through the process.

To all the students new to this game or returning for more, remember that it's all worth it in the end. There is a light at the end of the tunnel that is satisfying. They don't always make it easy but it wouldn't feel the same if it were. A little challenge keeps you on your toes and prepares you further for your question mark. You may not know now what you want to be when you grow up or where you will end up, but that's the fun part of this journey. It's about discovering how grand this world is and how wonderful your search can be if you juts revel in the unknown. Enjoy the journey to your ? Always remember that these are the best days of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment