Monday, April 09, 2012

Julie-Anne Pocock

"I got started about two years ago when i bought a SLR for the first time, but I'd been playing around for about a year prior to that with just a little digital camera. I don't think I have a distinct style, as I draw on everything from magic realism to black and white documentary style photography, depending on the feeling I get in that moment, which I hope someday will lead to a more describable style of my own. I think photography for me is a kind of meditation, both on the life around me as well as on the abstract, unseen and intangible parts of our exsistance. I think photography has a great ability to capture both which gives it an almost spiritual power. Film photography in particular - which I'm making an effort to do more of, blends the photographers internal, instinctual and momentary reflex with the moment itself." -Julie-Anne Pocock


Please visit Julie-Anne's work at:


  • http://www.snapshotsandsorcery.tumblr.com
  • http://www.nirvana-banana.blogspot.com


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment