Monday, May 25, 2015

My Condolences

I have been thinking long and hard the last few days after I learned that my program coordinator's husband passed away suddenly from a catastrophic brain aneurysm. It really got me thinking about life and death. As I sit here awaiting the arrival of our little bundle of joy, I can't help but think about what his wife and daughter must be going through. Although, I have had many friends and family members pass away over the last 8 years, I still to this day run out of words to express how I really feel about death. I know there is nothing worst than losing someone special and judging by all the comments on social media, newspapers, and radio, I can tell he was very loved and appreciated.

I have learnt an important lesson over the years, especially while traveling. Today is a gift, tomorrow is never promised. People sometimes go with no warning and it is never easy when you don't really have time to say goodbye. This is why you must always live your life to the fullest, be happy, and surround yourself with those you love and who love you. Life is too short to waste anything away. We sometimes can't wait until Friday, next thing you know it's Friday and you can't wait until the next Friday for your pay check. Years later is only when you realize that you wasted so many good days away and now they are gone and can never be reclaimed.

Years ago, I decided to be a business owner and to travel and write. I loved photography, makeup, and fashion. You must do the things you love and go to places you only dream of because before you know it those opportunities are long gone. Sometimes you need to take the bull by the horns so-to-speak.

I hope you all are encouraged by my words because these are just some of the many lessons I have learnt along the way, traveling the world. Sometimes you need to go far to really know where you belong. I am currently finishing writing my book and I can't wait to share it with all of my readers.

As for my teacher and friend, I am truly sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your daughter as well as other family and friends. He was a great man that will be truly missed. I think you are such an inspiring and graceful woman. Stay strong!




No comments:

Post a Comment