Monday, May 05, 2014

Gorgeous Chaos

I wasn't sure what to name this post, but I knew I couldn't wait to write it. It's been six long years since I have begun my journey in search of nothing and everything. I can tell you with certainty that it brought me places I never imagined and brought people in my life I would least expect. My journey has had its ups and downs. I am proud to say that I marvelled in it for as long as I could.

I can now admit how wonderful it all has been and it continues to be. Looking back, I used to wish that I could have changed some things, but I realize today how strong I am because it all happened the way it did. I have gone through hardships to understand how one comes out on top with grace, dignity, poise, and confidence.

Looking out the patio window in my beautiful home with the amazing man that stole my heart, I can certainly say I am at peace. I have come a long way from my little hometown up north. I am thankful for every sunrise I see and every sunset I witness, for that means I am still alive. I knew plenty of amazing people that never got this opportunity. I have vowed six years ago to live for them and I have upheld my promise and will continue to do so. Life is short, beautiful, hard, and filled with moments that will take your breath away. This is all to say life is not easy. It's more about controlling your thoughts and actions to make life a positive one, no matter what hand you're dealt.

I have travelled the air, seas, oceans, and land. It never ceases to amaze me how many great adventures I have been on. I met people along the way who have influenced me and changed my life forever. It hasn't always been easy, but it makes for great diner stories to laugh and smile at. I am by no means someone extraordinary. In fact I'm very simple at best. I lead my life the way I did because I truly believe with all my heart that it was the best way to heal the soul from grief and loss.

It took years of understanding how the Universe works. You must let go of anything that no longer serves you without fear. It's realizing that everyone you meet along the way is there to teach you something, but you must let them. It's important to keep in mind that everyone you meet has a battle you know nothing of. It's important to also keep positive company in your life and not look back or worry.

To all those who have a long road ahead, keep going...it only gets better and more exciting. Follow your dreams. Being passionate means it's your calling. Most of all, never let anyone get under your skin. Keep pushing through confidently and working hard. Life will be very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment