Tuesday, April 03, 2012

The Perfect Ending...

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.”
―Gilda Radner

This quote really resonated with me today. When you're young you're naive about the future. As you grow you learn that you need to work hard to get amazing things whether be a relationship, material things, and perhaps even that dream job you always wanted.

I for one, have come to learn so much these past years. I had everything one could possibly ever want in a stable life and gave it all up with no regrets to live the life that I really wanted; which entailed traveling. Now as I get older I realised that it's not the life style that became the problem, it was with the people around me. I realise more then ever how someone can literally change your life and change your perspective on everything without uttering a single word. It's like you just know and feel this surge of light inside your heart that tells you "I'm here, and I'm present, and I'm so happy."

As time goes on and another contract with Royal Caribbean is done, I can't help but feel like that door is closing and another is opening. Paulo Coelho once said that every opportunity ignored becomes a curse. I feel like now is great for change. A change from the city life, a change from the Caribbean life, and possibly even a change of career. I know I am destined to do great things and right now life is definitely calling for bigger and better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment