Thursday, June 02, 2016

Birthday

As I turned 26 years old this year, I can't help but think about how far I've come in life. Ten years ago, I remember being up at the crack of dawn on my 16th birthday to go write my first test to get my entry level driver's licence. I was crazy happy the day had finally come. I would have never imagined in my wildest dream that 10 years later, I would have been married for 2 years and have a 6 month old baby and a beautiful home with the man of my dreams. It's insane how time flies and how much we change. 

I have just gone through probably the most confusing time of my life. I have written about the confusing 20's and it sure is all true. I found for myself anyways, that from 18-25 years old, you change so much. I found myself changing everyday and sometimes it was hard to keep up. Certain things obviously stay the same and we are sure about but others are always up in the air and our mind is in constant battle with our heart. As I've said before, we learn to live with the confusion and weed out what we want and don't want out of our relationships, finances, and life. 

I was so fortunate and blessed to have been able to travel so much in my short life. I have really found a piece of myself and loss a piece of myself everywhere I went. Thus began my journey in search of nothing and everything. Sometimes we have to "go with the flow" so to speak and learn to let go of what we can't control. I know for myself, it was hard to let go of control, but I became so much more at peace with myself. I became a new confident woman that accepted the chaos of life. 

I know enough to know that I don't know everything and I am entering in a new phase in life. Out with the old and in with the new. So many changes have come over the past four years that one can't help but accept all the blessings that have come my way. That is my friends, the story of life. 

Happy 26th birthday to me and all we can hope for in life is another tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment